Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring 2010 Edition -- Detour, etc.

Ahh, the wonders of an anime convention.  Time with friends, meeting new people, learning new things about the industry and great shows/manga you love at panels, and lots of spending.

Why don't we start with the spending part?  Here's my haul for this year:


 
Tenchi Universe Figures Series One and Two (Series 3 was sold out.  Rightly so, it had Ryoko, Mihoshi, and Nagi)








My little Dragon Ball Kai Trunks phone charm with attached sword.  It's on my phone as we speak.











@kynaru bought me this AWESOME Shenlong piggy bank.  Perfect for all my tip change! Can't wait to show up to the bank with this puppy :D

















A couple of different Dragon Ball Z gashapon figures.  Neat-o collection additions.












And my cute little Son Gohan keychain which, yes, is with my keys right now.

Yeah, that's all the stuff I got myself, but I also was charged with buying some stuff for my supervisor from work and got her a bunch of stuff.  FUN TIMES!!!

Panel-wise, I attended a few of them this year.  

Zombies Pwn Your Anime: a panel where debate is waged on whether or not your favorite anime could stand up to a zombie apocalypse

.hack// Discussion Forum: sitting down and getting a run down on what the series is, how to go about exploring it, and discussing some of the interesting points behind the series.

Team Fourstar Panel: Lanipator from Team Fourstar talked a lot about what goes on behind the legendary Team Fourstar and premiered Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged ep 18 as well as a preview of DBZ Abridged 14.  AWESOME GUY!!!

Other than that, there was food, hanging out in the hotel and blowing through Bleach season one in 3 days, and LOTS of TF2 cosplay sillyness.

Well-run con this time around.  Great job to all the AD staff!  Hoping they can figure out their dilemma with dealers room and main stage next year.  Hurrah!

Don't forget to check out Oh Those Silly Otaku! and it's podcast.  New episode will be up tonight (I hope -.-) 

1 comment: